When starting a new business in the UAE and registering as a taxable person, it's crucial to keep in mind the significance of tax planning. Taxable individuals can either register directly through the FTA portal (www.tax.gov.ae) or with the help of a registered tax agent who will serve as a VAT advisor. As the implementation of VAT in Dubai approaches on January 1st, 2018, tax agents are expected to offer expert guidance to registered taxable individuals.
Why VAT Planning?
Effective tax planning can help taxable individuals minimize their tax expenses, defer tax obligations, manage their working capital, and more. With increasing business complexities, it's become increasingly important to plan efficiently. For example, determining whether to register as a tax group for VAT registration is a key consideration in the tax planning process before the implementation of VAT.
VAT Planning and advisory services would consist of the below:
- VAT planning in UAE
- VAT advisory services
- Recommending VAT registration as a single entity or a tax group
- Applicability of the reverse charge mechanism for Imports
- Guide on Intra GCC trade
- VAT training and awareness to staff
VAT compliance services would consist of the below:
- Ensure timely submission of VAT returns & reconciliation
- Review of VAT records, returns & reconciliation
- Providing advice on client’s clarifications and FTA notifications
- Representing before the FTA for tax matters
- Review and customization of source documents
Who Should Register for the Value Added Tax (VAT) in UAE?
Businesses should register for VAT when their turnover reaches the threshold.
The mandatory registration turnover threshold for every taxable person will be US $ 100,000 (AED 375,000) and the voluntary threshold will be US $ 50,000 (AED 187,500).
Registration will open towards the mid of Sept Q3 2017, which would be made mandatory from Q4 2017.
Find JCA UAE Audit, Leading Accounting Firms for VAT in Dubai, for more information, Inquire us today.